Monday, December 12, 2011

Well... The Sunshine was nice, but...

While I was setting up this blog...  I burned a pan, but good!  I was reheating tea to drink.  I forgot about it.  (THAT's why I try to always set a timer!)  There was smoke in the kitchen and living room, but neither the smoke nor smell had reached me in the computer "room" (3rd bedroom) yet.

 

 Amazing, isn't it?  This WAS Earl Grey Tea, with a little sugar in it...  (I split my tea bag into two cups and wasn't quite ready for my second cup...   As punishment, I didn't fix myself any more tea today.  :(  I wonder if my husband will think it is enough punishment...  

The kids and I had a fun time scraping the stuff out.  It was crunchy and a little sticky.  The holes went all the way to the bottom of the pan.  Quite cool and weird.  Must have been the sugar that reacted that way.  I have the pan soaking in baking soda and water now.  Tomorrow I will investigate if it cleaned up or not!

I must admit that (while growing up) I have burnt to piles of metal several tea pots and pans...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Becky, that is impressive! So, did it come clean? Did you have to throw it in the trash? I'm excited you started a blog! I hope to hear more from you. Just next time, heat your tea first and drink it while you type. ;)

    ReplyDelete